This week in phonics we are asking you to focus on the split digraphs
o as in 'cold'
c as in 'cent'
g as in 'gent'
ie as in 'field'
1. Revise all the Phase 5 sounds from the centre pages of your reading record.
2. Watch the 'Geraldine the Giraffe' video clips.
3. How many words you can find containing these sound in you reading book?
New online phonics lessons have started on YouTube this week called 'Letters and Sounds for Home and School'. They follow Letters and Sounds (a government backed programme that we follow in school). The lessons are uploaded every day at 10:30 a.m. and each lesson lasts approx. 30 minutes. You might find it useful to follow the year 1 lessons with your child. You will find the link below.
Each day read a book from your Bug Club selection or register to use Oxford Owl online. This is a free resource.
This week please use your Kinetic Letter Mat to practise the Abracadabra family: c,o,a,d
One letter each day.
Please practise five words each day from your 100 word list. Write each word three times then try writing it again without looking.
As part of our continuing work on animals, we would like you to focus on mini beasts.
1. Use the links below to help you get an understanding of the group of animals called mini beasts.
2. Go on a mini beast hunt in your garden, or on your daily walk with a grown up. Make a list of all the mini beasts you find and where you found them.
E.g. Butterfly - on a bush
Can you draw some of the mini beasts you found?
3. Write 3 facts about one of the mini beasts e.g. A caterpillar eats as much as it can every day. They can be many different colours.
Remember a sentence has a capital letter, a full stop and finger spaces. Try to include the word 'and' in at least one sentence.
Draw a picture to go with your facts.
4. Look at the poem, 1 Fabulous Butterfly in the link below. Use the pattern of the poem to write your own poem about mini beasts.
Maths - Division
We would like you to focus on sharing numbers this week.
1. Multiplication and division are linked so it is important to keep practising counting in 2s, 5s and 10s.
2. Use the video to find out about sharing. Then using counters, buttons or something similar practise sharing some numbers. E.g. 12 shared into 2 groups =
3. Play the games in the links below to practise sharing.
4. Watch the Number Blocks and Number Jacks videos to find out more.
5. Have a go at working out the sharing calculations on the sheet. You can print the sheet or write them into your book.